The World Materials Summit was initiated by Materials Research Society (US), European MRS, and Chinese MRS in 2006. It is currently an IUMRS supported biennial event. The aim of the Summit is to bring together industry, university, and government representatives to discuss global issues and solutions, and in particular how materials research and engineering can contribute to mitigate these issues.
- The Fifth World Materials Summit on Advanced Materials for Sustainable Society Development, October 18-20, 2016, Rizhao, Shandong, China
View WMS-V report. View event web page.
- The Fourth World Materials Summit, Materials: A Key Enabling Technology for Secure Energy & Sustainable Development, October 12-15, 2013, Strasbourg, France
View WMS-IV report.
- The Third World Materials Summit & Student Congress, October 9-12, 2011, Washington DC, USA
View WMS-III report.
- The Second World Materials Summit on Advanced Materials in Energy Applications and Sustainable Society, October 12-15, 2009, China
View WMS-II report. View event web page.
- The First World Materials Summit on Materials Research, October 4-7, 2007, Hotel Corinthia, Lisbon, Portugal.
View WMS-I report. View event web page.